Are you a Instagram ingenue, a Twitter titan or a Facebook… person who is good at stuff? Do you want to help Sunday Assembly to grow? Then this might be for you!
About the role
You will be responsible for devising a communications strategy and then leading a team of volunteers to create inspiring, thought provoking and fun content to promote Sunday Assembly London’s events and values, in order to sustain and grow our community.
What you will be doing
- Designing and implementing a strategy to reach out to identified target audiences (e.g. students or those newly arrived in London) via social media, traditional media and in person engagement
- Overseeing the communications schedule and working closely with the Events Manager and the comms volunteers to implement it
- Working collaboratively with other team members to create interesting, exciting and inspiring content
- Identifying opportunities beyond our own channels (website, newsletter and social media) to market Sunday Assembly London
- Periodically reviewing our brand guidelines and encouraging everyone to follow them
- Recruiting and supporting comms volunteers
How much time will it normally take?
We expect that, on average, this role will take around 8 hours per month. Although it would be great if you could attend Sunday Assembly London on a regular basis to capture content, there is a lot of flexibility as to when you complete your volunteer tasks.
You will also be expected to attend co-ordination crew meetings, which are currently held fortnightly on Zoom. These usually last about an hour.
What support will be available?
You will meet fortnightly with other members of the co-ordination crew. You will also have access to a WhatsApp group for support.
In addition, you will work closely with the Events Manager and be able to bounce ideas off each other.
You will receive a volunteer handbook designed to help everyone access information easily and dip into to check things out.
What should I be able to do?
- Have a strategic approach to communications
- Enjoy creating written and visual content such as social media posts, web content, videos and images
- Be confident in using a range of social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
- Have experience of using Canva, Airtable and G-Suite (or be willing to learn)
- Enjoy working as part of a team with a variety of skills and abilities
- Recruit and support other volunteers to actively participate in comms activities
What will I learn?
You will be able to gain:
- Experience of devising a comms strategy
- Experience of creating fun and engaging content across a variety of different platforms
- Experience of managing and supporting peer volunteers
- An understanding of how small volunteer-led charities run
What do I do if I want to apply for this role?
The first step is to have a chat with our co-ordination crew lead, Gwawr. Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll arrange a chat.