Exciting news, world, Sunday Assembly is hiring! We are looking for two exceptional community organisers to work in Manchester and East London to help us build connected caring Sunday Assembly communities.
Who are we? The Sunday Assembly is a secular congregation that celebrates life. Our vision is to help everyone live life as fully as possible we want you to join us building communities around the world to help people Live Better, Help Often and Wonder More. Since starting in 2013 we have launched 70 communities powered by awesome pop songs, great talks and human kindness.
MAIN PURPOSE To identify and build relationships with key volunteers, supporting them to launch and sustain a Sunday Assembly chapter.
As Community Organiser, you will:
- Be the beating heart of the Sunday Assembly chapter, engaging and motivating a brand new volunteer team.
- Research and identify key volunteers in the local community, hosting 1:1 meetings to build relationships and interest in the Sunday Assembly chapter.
- Deliver training and development to these volunteers, supporting them in all aspects of launching a Sunday Assembly- from first event through to sustainability.
- Organise socials and engagement events for the volunteers and wider community.
- Launch a regular giving programme within the new Sunday Assembly.
- Co-ordinate personal development training for all participants.
- Design new ways to help participants achieve our vision: To Help Everyone Live Life As Fully As Possible.
- Working with HQ, develop a monitoring and evaluation programme to measure social impact.
- Feedback all tools and resources developed with Sunday Assembly HQ, for sharing with the wider network.
- Work alongside HQ to manage and report back to funder.
Skills and abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with a flair for networking and building relationships
- Excellent organisational ability with sound project management skills
- Highly literate with fantastic written communication skills
- Creative approach to fundraising and volunteer management
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook
- Live event management and/or performance background a bonus.
- Must be able to connect easily with people of all backgrounds and be a great person.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to enthuse others and deliver goals.
- Fast learner; able to reflect on performance and take responsibility for professional development.
- Self motivated; able to work at a distance with the team.
- You’ll probably enjoy thinking about the bigger questions in life.
You might have had experience in these areas:
- Community Management, Project Management, Service Design, Community Organising, Social Enterprise, Housing Officer, Community Outreach Officer.
Salary: £19, 500pa (pro rata).
These are projects where the work is weighted to the beginning of the project, tapering towards the end of the project.
East London Community Organiser: 50 days over 6 months (frontloaded)
Manchester Community Organiser: 95 days over 12 months (frontloaded)
There will be an opportunity for this to be extended into part time work following the completion of this project. These projects will be delivered in partnership with One Manchester and Poplar Harca.
Please submit a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 4th January, 12pm stating which role you are applying for.