This month so far, we’ve raised money in a charity quiz for ViaNiños, talked climate change with the Podcast Club and heard from Amelia Abraham about her book, Queer Intentions: A (Personal) Journey Through LGBTQ+ Culture.
Coming up This Sunday, July 21st 2019:
- The Lunch Club are picnicking in Lincoln’s Inn Fields (right) after this week’s Assembly. It’s behind High Holborn, 5 minutes’ walk from Conway Hall – bring food, drinks, yourself and plenty of sun-screen
- Chat, food and lively post-Assembly bonding at The Penderel’s Oak pub at 283-288 High Holborn, WC1V 7HP, spilling onto the pub patio if the weather holds up
Important to note, the choir aren’t rehearsing over the summer, but Tanya and Steph will be running some taster sessions in the meantime – check Facebook for details. Rehearsals resume from Wednesday 28th August from 7-9pm downstairs at St John’s Church, Waterloo.
Coming up in the next month or so…
- Friday 19th July, 6.30pm: Don’t forget Massaoke! An amazing live band plays pop, indie and rock anthems and the crowd sings along, so of course there’s always a big Sunday Assembly contingent… at The Scoop, City Hall, South Bank.
- Saturday 20th July: The Walking Group continue the London Loop, following section 5 of the London Loop. It will start at Whyteleafe Station and end at Coulsdon South Station, approx. 4 hours later (allowing for a pub break towards the end!). Start time to follow!
- Sunday 28th July, from 3pm: The SA London Board Games Group have their regular monthly meetup on the last Sunday of the month at the Royal Festival Hall Café, Southbank Centre.
- Monday 29th July, 7.30-9pm: The Article Club talk about the latest journalistic content, decided on their Facebook Page at the Lyttleton Bar, first floor, National Theatre. It’s like a book club but for the short of free time!
- Sunday 28th July, 11am: Sunday Assembly Brighton are hearing about the Little Things, meeting at an alternate venue this time: Middle Street School, 37 Middle Street, Brighton.
- Tuesday 13th August, 7-9pm: The Podcast Club ask Algorithms – Good Or Bad? at King’s Place, 90 York Way, N1 9GU
…and way off in the distant (but not too distant) future:
- 4th-6th October 2019: Sunday Assembly Conference for the intrepid world travellers amongst us, hosted by the excellent folks at Sunday Assembly Nashville, Tennessee. It’s where the world’s various Sunday Assembly teams get together to talk about community and engagement and the shared goal of spreading Assemblies everywhere!
- 23rd February 2019: If you’d like to join our running club, the Conway Hall Harriers, for the fifth year (running), the Conway Hall Harriers will be trotting along the promenade 2020’s Brighton Half Marathon. Now’s the time for Early Bird registration!
Plus, check out Sunday Assembly Social on Facebook to keep tabs on upcoming events around the community!
Have an awesome week, and see you this Sunday!
The Sunday Assembly London Comms Team