This month the Assembly heard from Anastasia Dedyukhina about her book Homo Distractus, SA alumni band Tiger Moth played The Golden Hinde in London Bridge, and everyone went nuts for Brazillian Sambaoke (on the right), and SA poet Anj Cairns also launched her third novel in the ‘Your World’ series in South Tottenham.
Coming up This Sunday, July 7th 2019:
- Chat, food and lively post-Assembly bonding at The Penderel’s Oak pub at 283-288 High Holborn, WC1V 7HP, in all likelihood on the pub patio given the recent weather
- Alternatively, the Lunch Club are picnicking in Lincoln’s Inn Fields after this week’s Assembly. It’s behind High Holborn, 5 minutes’ walk from Conway Hall – bring food, drinks, yourself and plenty of sun-screen
Coming up in the next month or so…
- Tuesday 2nd July, 7-9pm: The SA London Choir are rehearsing this Tuesday rather than Wednesday, downstairs at St John’s Church Waterloo, and then offering taster sessions over the summer, dates to be announced ASAP. They’ll be workshopping some songs for fun and learn singing games and techniques.
- Wednesday 3rd July, 7pm: Via Niños Charity Quiz at The Tokenhouse, Moorgate, in aid of ViaNiños, who support working children in Quito, Ecuador with education and social care to give them a better start in life.
- Monday 8th July, 7-9pm: The Podcast Club talk Climate Change at the Royal Festival Hall Café, Southbank Centre.
- Sunday 14th July, 11am: Sunday Assembly East End are talking about Dodgy Data, meeting at the Poplar Union, 2 Cottall Street, E14 6TL London, United Kingdom.
- Friday 19th July, 6.30pm: Yes, it’s EVEN MORE Massaoke! An amazing live band plays pop, indie and rock anthems and the crowd sings along, so of course there’s always a big Sunday Assembly contingent… at The Scoop, City Hall, South Bank.
- Saturday 20th July: The Walking Group continue the London Loop, following section 5 of the London Loop. It will start at Whyteleafe Station and end at Coulsdon South Station, approx. 4 hours later (allowing for a pub break towards the end!). Start time to follow!
- Sunday 28th July, from 3pm: The SA London Board Games Group have their regular monthly meetup on the last Sunday of the month at the Royal Festival Hall Café, Southbank Centre.
- Monday 29th July, 7.30-9pm: The Article Club talk about the latest journalistic content, decided on their Facebook Page at the Lyttleton Bar, first floor, National Theatre. It’s like a book club but for the short of free time!
- Sunday 28th July, 11am: Sunday Assembly Brighton are hearing about the Little Things, meeting at an alternate venue this time: Middle Street School, 37 Middle Street, Brighton.
…and way off in the distant (but not too distant) future:
- 4th-6th October 2019: Sunday Assembly Conference for the intrepid world travellers amongst us, hosted by the excellent folks at Sunday Assembly Nashville, Tennessee. It’s where the world’s various Sunday Assembly teams get together to talk about community and engagement and the shared goal of spreading Assemblies everywhere!
- 23rd February 2019: If you’d like to join our running club, the Conway Hall Harriers, for the fifth year (running), the Conway Hall Harriers will be trotting along the promenade 2020’s Brighton Half Marathon. Now’s the time for Early Bird registration!
Plus, check out Sunday Assembly Social on Facebook to keep tabs on upcoming events around the community!
Have an awesome week, and see you this Sunday!
The Sunday Assembly London Comms Team